Questions? Feel free to contact Linda at firstname.lastname@example.org or join the Life on Summerhill Newsletter today! Now more about Life on Summerhill!
I am Linda the face behind Life on SUMMERHILL!
I am so excited you have come to visit Life on Summerhill! But before we dive into creativity and life I thought I would share where it all began. In 1992 I married my loving husband Marty and became an instant mom to Chrissy, Marty’s then 10-year-old precious and humorous daughter. Soon after the wedding, I started design school at Florida State University graduating in 1996 and then on to Florence, Italy to study more design and art history.
I had so much creativity and energy but little money. It was the beginning of stretching my creativity and dollars to decorate our small humble home.
By 2000 we had two more daughters Savanna, now a sociable college student, and Hannah, artistic high schooler, and moved to a much nicer home. I was in heaven, but still, money was tight, so again creativity was stretched.
WHERE IS SUMMERHILL?
So where is SUMMERHILL–it’s the house I have raised all three girls in the south, one cat named Stinkerbelle, and a floppy rabbit named Eugene Flynn Fitzherbert. Summer comes from the hot summer living room that has a large window facing the west and hill is because it sits on a small hill.
Here I have learned many things about life, money, relationships, crafts, decorating, organizing, hospitality and so much more. My life consists of my design business, Linda McDonald, Design, raising my daughters, and fur babies Stinkerbelle and (he’s Hannah’s responsibility) and volunteering in the community.
At Life on SUMMERHILL, I hope to bring you along on many kinds of adventures from DECOR to TRAVEL to THIS AND THAT. My favorite place to hang out is Pinterest and Instagram. Feel free to come hang out with us there.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions at email@example.com
I’m looking forward to sharing many things. I hope this is a place for you to come that makes you feel special and inspires you to be creative. 🙂
- I have a Visual Arts degree in Interior Design from Florida State University
- I studied Art and Design in Florence, Italy after college.
- I love to travel! It refills my creative juices and inspires me with new ideas.
- Cool places I have visited are Croatia, Romania, Bosnia, Caribbean, England, Scotland, Mexico, and Italy. Hopefully, I’ll get to visit my BFF in Australia one day.
- I have this thing for vintage anything!
- Organizing makes me happy!
- I love to travel with my family. My favorite trips are Disney cruises to the Caribbean. One day I hope to sail abroad.
- Favorite thing to do with Savanna is back rubs. Great way to end a day–watching something good on tv and back rubs!
- Favorite thing to do with Hannah is window shopping especially if its antiques. She loves antiquing!
- Favorite thing to do with my hubby, Marty, is traveling! He loves nature!
ABOUT LIFE ON SUMMERHILL
Life on Summerhill originates in North Florida right on the Georgia-Florida line. Here there are lots of ideas being created and filtered out over the blog to you. I love to give tips for holidays decorating, organizing, home decor, home decor ideas from my travels and share great ideas with businesses that fit into Life on Summerhill.
TOP TWO POSTS TO DATE
OTHER FAVORITE POST
LET’S WORK TOGETHER!
Check out the information on my ADVERTISE page and contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.