Questions? Feel free to contact Linda at Linda@LifeonSummerhill.com or join the Life on Summerhill Newsletter today! Now more about Life on Summerhill!
I am Linda the face behind Life on SUMMERHILL!
I am so excited you have come to visit Life on Summerhill! But before we dive into creativity and life I thought I would share where it all began. In 1992 I married my loving husband Marty and became an instant mom to Chrissy, Marty's then 10-year-old precious and humorous daughter. Soon after the wedding, I started design school at Florida State University graduating in 1995 and then on to Florence, Italy to study more design and art history.
I had so much creativity and energy but little money. It was the beginning of stretching dollars to decorate our small humble home.
By 2000 we had two more daughters Savanna, now mother/baby nurse, and Hannah, a graphic design college student at Florida State University, and moved to a much nicer home. I was in heaven, but still, money was tight, so again creativity was stretched.
Today family has grown and our house has seen many transformations. You might see everyone in the family on DIY projects or on Instagram. Hannah creates designs and manages our new Etsy digital download shop, we have featured Jesse and Savanna's home many times and some favorite yarn projects have ended up in Chrissy and Donna's home. She loves yarn too!
WHERE IS SUMMERHILL?
So where is SUMMERHILL–it's the house I have raised all three girls in the south, and one cat named Kit. Summer comes from the hot summer living room that has a large window facing the toasty west and hill is because it sits on a small hill.
Here I have learned many things about life, money, relationships, crafts, decorating, organizing, hospitality and so much more. My life consists of my design business, Linda McDonald, Design, spending time with my daughters mostly in Atlanta because that is where they live now, taking care of our fur baby, and volunteering in the community.
At Life on SUMMERHILL, I hope to bring you along on many kinds of adventures from HOME DECOR ideas, DIY projects, HOLIDAY DECOR ideas, and ENTERTAINING ideas. My favorite place to hang out is Pinterest and Instagram. Feel free to come to hang out with us there.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions at Linda@LifeonSummerhill.com
I'm looking forward to sharing many things. I hope this is a place for you to come that makes you feel special and inspires you to be creative. 🙂
- I have a Visual Arts degree in Interior Design from Florida State University
- I studied Art and Design in Florence, Italy after college.
- I love to travel! It refills my creative juices and inspires me with new ideas. You will find me mostly at Disney because we live in Florida. And if you wan to follow along check out my Instagram stories.
- Cool places I have visited are Croatia, Romania, Bosnia, the Caribbean, England, Scotland, Mexico, and Italy. Hopefully, I'll get to visit my BFF in Australia one day.
- I have this thing for vintage anything! Especially antiques.
- Organizing makes me happy!
- I love to travel with my family. My favorite trips are Disney cruises to the Caribbean. One day I hope to sail abroad.
- Favorite thing to do with Chrissy is drive in the mountains.
- Favorite thing to do with Savanna is back rubs. Great way to end a day–watching something good on tv and back rubs!
- Favorite thing to do with Hannah is window shopping especially if it's antiques. She loves antiquing!
- Favorite thing to do with my hubby, Marty, is traveling! He loves nature!
ABOUT LIFE ON SUMMERHILL
Life on Summerhill originated in North Florida right on the Georgia-Florida line. Here there are lots of ideas being created and filtered out over the blog to you. I love to give tips for holiday decorating, organizing, home decor, entertaining, and do-it-yourself projects.
If you would like to see a complete tour of our home this farmhouse paint colors at Life on Summerhill will show you every room in one post.
TOP POSTS TO DATE:
OTHER FAVORITE POST
LET'S WORK TOGETHER!
Check out the information on my ADVERTISE page and contact me at Linda@LifeonSummerhill.com