Picking a white paint color just got easier because here is a list of the best white paint for interior walls. White paint can be tricky, but this list of best white paint colors will help you create that clean, fresh farmhouse look that you see all over the internet.
Best White Paint for Interior Walls
White paint is a color that almost every interior has a little or an abundance of in their home. But what is the best white paint for interior walls?
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you purchase at no cost to you using the links below. All opinions are all my own.
Here are the best hues to choose from and some tips to help you pick the best white paint colors.
- Alabaster SW 7008 Sherwin Williams
- Chantilly Lace OC – 65 Benjamin Moore
- Extra White SW 7006 Sherwin Williams
- Pure White SW 7005 Sherwin Williams
- White Duck SW 7010 Sherwin Williams
Sherwin Williams Alabaster
The first color I want to introduce is SW 7008 Alabaster.
Alabaster happened to be Sherwin Williams paint color of the year in 2016. So what makes this one of the best white paint colors?
SW 7008 is a pleasant soft white. It’s great for trim, walls and the exterior of your home.
See how fresh and clean Alabaster looks on these walls in the home of Leslie with Deeply Southern Home.
Her post talks about how to paint stripes on your stairs, but the Alabaster wall color is trying to steal the show. 😉
Benjamin Moore Chantilly Lace
After recently discovering OC-65 Chantilly Lace by Benjamin Moore I have learned that this color is becoming more and more popular.
Chantilly Lace is in my top best white paint for kitchen cabinets.
It is a bright white but not a stark look and named appropriately because it looks like fine silk or lace.
These cabinets were honey oak, and once we painted and replaced the hardware, it brightened my client’s kitchen.
Chantilly Lace is great for cabinets and walls.
Sherwin Williams Extra White
Extra white is a great paint color for walls and the best white paint for trim if you want the whitest white you can find.
SW 7006 Extra White is such an all-around excellent paint color until you can use it on furniture, cabinets, trim and the list goes on.
It is a pure clean bright white. Probably the whitest of whites you can purchase at Sherwin Williams.
Here is a room with Extra White on the bench, walls, and trim.
Here is something to keep in mind when you are going to paint the walls and trim the same color.
Use the same kind of paint on everything.
In other words, if you are using an eggshell finish then go eggshell on the walls and the trim. If you use two different finishes, they most likely will not come out looking like the same shade of white.
Sherwin Williams Pure White
SW 7005 Pure White that is a safe bet when you are looking for the best white paint for interior walls.
This color has a cooler hue which gives you that fresh, clean “pure” look like Extra White but not as stark.
Our laundry room was the lucky place to find this color.
Painting over a bright color is very tricky which is why you need good quality paint with a built-in primer.
My post on how to paint walls white will help you do it right the first time.
Sherwin Williams White Duck
And our last best white paint colors are Sherwin Williams SW 7010.
White Duck has a bit of grey in the white which is great if you are trying to tone down some yellow tones. It is a softer white and gives you a little contrast if you are using Extra White on your trim.
This beautiful entry is again the home of Leslie with Deeply Southern Home.
She used White Duck on the walls of this space because she didn’t want to paint the crown mold which had aged a little and was casting a slightly yellow look.
So her favorite paint to fix this challenge is SW 7010.
In this post, Leslie, talks about painting the handrail, stair risers and trim perfectly every time but remember if you want to use White Duck look at her walls as an example.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: $57.99Was: $64.99
Price: $5.19Was: $6.26
Price: $19.97Was: $25.50
Now that we have rounded up the best white paint colors it is time to go to the next step in making your selection.
Here is what to do next when picking a white interior paint color for your walls.
- Pick up these five best white paint swatches.
- Tape swatches to the wall of the room you want to paint right next to your white trim, white tile or white counter-top.
- If your room already has a color make sure to put something white behind the white paint chip like a piece of paper, so the current color doesn’t affect the white.
- Watch this color through the day from sunny moments to darker times.
- Remove the swatches you like the least and narrow down to a few.
- Next, if you have something in the room that is also white like a tile back-splash or white counter-tops then put that color right next to the tile or counter-top.
- How does it look? Does it flow nicely with the tile or back-splash or does it appear terrible? In some situations, I pick the color based on what it will be touching.
- Now you have your white paint color selected.
- Don’t forget to use the same finish if you are going with the trim and walls in the same white.
- And remember picking white colors can be a tricky but it is not impossible.
I hope this post has helped give you the confidence to go with white in your home.
If you enjoyed these ideas, please sign up for emails, so you don’t miss out on more fun decorating tips and ideas HERE.